Saturday, March 19, 2011

Monster Drawing Rally at DAC

Last Sunday I took part in the "Monster Drawing Rally" for the Dumbo Arts Center down in Brooklyn. It was a fun event with dozens of artists drawing in hour-long shifts. The works were offered for sale, with the money going to the Arts Center.

I didn't have to draw monsters, but I'd had this idea of a class picture floating around in my head for a while, and I wanted to get it down on paper.

The hour wasn't really long enough, and I could have gone another hour and added more details and richer values. But I like it, and it sold, so someone else must have liked it too.

If you click the drawing it will take you to the flickr stream with all of the other drawings made that day. Some are still for sale.

michael_rex_01

No comments:

Post a Comment